Thursday, November 8, 2012

Mississp-ay-yay!

As we finally got our internet hooked up; I decided I would start keeping track of the differences I am finding down here. But to start: we have an absolutely awesome apartment! Our master bathroom is as big as our master bedroom (I cannot wait to take a bath--huge tub!). Thor is absolutely loving it too and is adjusting incredibly well! He already has a puppy bff--Rio, who is just a few weeks older than him. Thor enjoys sitting by the window and letting me know when he is outside. We have unpacked for the most part now--just waiting to put up some decor and start my craft making to make this place homey! To start my list: - Milk is $5 a gallon here.. no longer in the midwest! - You absolutely cannot take your eyes off the road ever--the drivers are crazy but easy to deal with. - The people are very nice; I have to admit I love being called "hunny, ma'am, and baby" (by the women down here). - I feel incredibly fit down here (I should probably still go to the gym though..) - People make fun of northerners accents as much as we make fun of southern accents-- we all go around on our 'boot'. - Had the most amazing BBQ of my life. I cannot wait to go back--it's called Leetha's BBQ. It's an old barn and nothing special when it comes to decor-- in fact all of the money is put into the food. It is truly down home cooking--you can even see the crock pots with the sides simmering and waiting to be eaten. - I am happy to report that the Target is as nice as they are up north--don't have to resort to Walmart--even though we've made too many trips over there already. - Began members of Sams Club--but they don't accept Visa..really? - Had my first Waffle House experience--I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. - I do not appreciate fast food calorie counts--if I go to fast food I would like to enjoy it...I don't go often. - Thor starts puppy classes on the 15th--I am really excited! - I am thoroughly enjoying the weather--this weekend is suppose to be in the 70's and sunny--I hope we can get some fun adventures in together (if Nate doesn't work). Apparently there is a National Park around here that is just ginormous; I cannot wait to explore it! I want to thank all of our family and friends for all of your love and support. None of this would be going as smoothly as it is without all of you. Please keep checking up on our blog and I will try and keep it as updated as possible. I am also hoping to flood some pictures of our adventures and of our new home here soon!

1 comment:

  1. I love this adventure you are on. I especially love the great attitudes you and Nate have about exploring this new part of the country for you. I can't wait to come down and see it more with you. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete