Monday, August 13, 2012

Watered Down Kool-Aid

I had a fabulous three day weekend! Thursday night: My parents came to town and we went out to this fabulous restaurant. I ordered crab stuffed shrimp which were wrapped in bacon and topped with a jalapeno cream sauce...yummmmmmy! We then watched some of the Packer Game and me and my mom went to the new Meriyl Strep and Tommy Lee Jones movie. Mom loved it..it was ok. I love both Strep and Jones but the movie just wasn't something I'd watch again. Friday: Got up early and met up with my parents. We bought some fun gifts for my nieces and then had a beautiful walk by the Missippi. After lunch they left to go see my brother and his family. I then got ready for Relay for Life in Winona. I was a part of a team with two cancer survivors one of whom I am friends with. It was a lot of fun! Around 3am we ended up leaving. We all walked a total of 17 miles around what we called the nascar loop. Saturday: After just a few hours of sleep we all got up and enjoyed the gorgeous day by watching a Cystic Fibrosis softball tournament our friend was in. The day couldn't have been more beautiful. We then headed to cook out and just spent the nice outside which turned into a bonfire. I had a pineapple brat for the first time and have to admit I was skeptical trying it because I don't like cooked pineapple but oh my goodness I don't know if I want a regular brat after that ever again. Around midnight my wonderful husband came and picked me up!! It was so great to see him, gosh I missed him so much! Sunday: We relaxed most of the day watching this new HBO series called "Newsroom" it was interesting! Then we went back to LaCrosse and had a lovely dinner with my parents on their way back to Milwaukee. It was fabulous. Then Nate got us a hotel room! WITH A JACUZZI! Man that was nice!!! It was nice to have some alone time too. Looks like it'll be another week until we get us time again seeing as I go back to the cities on Thursday and he leaves Friday-late Sunday for yet another training. I am excited for our week together next week. Today in between work projects I've been updating my resume; I have to admit I can't help but pat myself on the back and smile. I am proud with how much I have done and the experience I have gained. It's a God send that I have been this fortunate. Well back to my watered down Kool-Aid, carrot sticks, and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment