Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bittersweet

Things are crazy! Emily moved out yesterday; headed back to the Twin Cities.
It was a great five years living with her, and I am going to miss coming home to her every day and having our crazy roomie days. However, I am so excited for her to start the next path in her life. We had a good last hurrah before she left, and it was smiles from ear to ear until our hug at breakfast Monday morning when I left for work.

I received a beautiful surprise today. Nate is coming home on Friday!!!!! God Bless America! But now I have to go into turbo mode before he gets here in getting our apartment in shape. In the past two days I have made great measures.. but still have much more to do! Tomorrow I will hopefully finish up the main areas--seeing as I decided to start with the smaller ones.. and things should start looking homey!

Jack Attack is missing his buddy; but thoroughly enjoyed being groomed today (which is a rarity) as well as the lazor pointer I bought him. But he is being mopey..too bad he can't vacuum!

Hopefully within the next few weeks, Nate and I will be able to make it to Milwaukee to do some more wedding planning and spend some time with my wonderful family! I cannot wait to see them; I miss them so much!

Rose just found out today that she is leaving within the month (date to be determined) on another deployment. I am sad, but I know she wants to go therefore I am happy for her.

Bed time for me.. but more to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment